Drone Zone: Check the construction progress for Brazil’s latest wave pool
The Praia da Grama wave pool project in Brazil is moving along quickly after breaking ground just a few months ago. The company aired drone footage of their busy construction site providing viewers with a bird’s eye view of Brazil’s newest surf spot.
Set to a dramatic, cinematic score in the clip we get a 360-degree view of verdant land and can see the red-dirt outline for upcoming buildings and roads. Where the wave pool will go we can see the trademark steel settings for the Cove machinery flanked by the foundations for the side walls.
The ambitious real estate project by KSM developers is located 2.5 hours inland from the Atlantic Ocean and includes an artificial beach fronted by condos, restaurants, spas, and more.
“The construction for Praia da Grama, the first private beach in the world in a closed condominium community, is in progress, and on schedule,” said the Fazenda da Grama developers.
In a post last month Wavegarden said that although Covid-19 is causing many problems all over the planet, they were able to deliver machinery and construction on time.
“With the foundations almost finished for South America’s first Wavegarden Cove, soon it will be time to assemble all the structures and machinery.”
Video by @praiadagrama
Praia da Grama, State of São Paulo, Brazil – for more check the WavePoolMag Surf Planner
The Lowdown: This Cove facility will be the centerpiece of a condo development focused on active-living and sports leisure. This location is another in a long line of projects in the planning stages, but central to the coming Brazilian wave pool storm
• WavePool Construction Progress: Under construction
• Accessibility: Not yet built or even open to the public.
• Type of wave(s): The Cove produces everything from gentle knee-high rollers to head-high slabs via their top-secret machinery.
• Wave Generating Technology: Wavegarden Cove Technology
• Wave’s Technical Information: Wave height: 2-7 ft, Both left and right breaks, length of wave: 30-100 yards/meters depending on the size of the Cove pool
• Hours of operation/Seasonal Hours: Unavailable, but we’ll keep you posted• Price Breakdown: None yet, but assuming the purchase of a property is necessary to access the development’s central wave pool
• Waves per hour: 900 – 1000 waves per hour average
• Check here for more information on Wavegarden’s Cove technology