Sao Paulo wave pool construction begins
The Praia da Drama wave pool project just received their Wavegarden machinery this week. In a social media post, Wavegarden celebrated the arrival of the components necessary to build a surf park.
“Today, the trucks pulled up Praia da Grama just outside of Sau Paulo, Brazil and commenced unloading the 52 modules, water treatment system, e-houses and some other equipment that comprise our wave generating technology,” said Wavegarden on social media. “Although Covid-19 is causing many problems all over the planet, we have been able to ensure our projects run on schedule. With the foundations almost finished for South America’s first Wavegarden Cove, soon it will be time to assemble all the structures and machinery.”
The ambitious real estate project by KSM developers is located 2.5 hours inland from the Atlantic Ocean and includes an artificial beach fronted by condos, restaurants, spas and more. But the centerpiece will be a state of the art Wavegarden Cove.
“Our vision extends beyond just providing great waves”, said Oscar Segall, KSM’s founder. “It is a real beach environment where family and friends can gather to share memorable moments and simply enjoy life”.
The promotional video shows a fitness wonderland complete with sexy Sims characters enjoying a mix of beautiful pools and exercise equipment. The size of the Cove facility is not specified in the company statement. The wave will be accessible solely to residents and their guests of the Fazenda da Grama condominium development.
Praia da Grama, State of São Paulo, Brazil – for more check the WavePoolMag Surf Planner
• The Lowdown: This Cove facility will be the centerpiece of a condo development focused on active-living and sports leisure. This location is another in a long line of projects in the planning stages, but central to the coming Brazilian wave pool storm
• WavePool Construction Progress: Equipment arrives!
• Accessibility: Not yet built or even open to the public.
• Type of wave(s): The Cove produces everything from gentle knee-high rollers to head-high slabs via their top-secret machinery.
• Wave Generating Technology: Wavegarden Cove Technology
• Wave’s Technical Information: Wave height: 2-7 ft, Both left and right breaks, length of wave: 30-100 yards/meters depending on the size of the Cove pool
• Hours of operation/Seasonal Hours: Unavailable, but we’ll keep you posted
• Price Breakdown: None yet, but assuming purchase of a property is necessary to access the development’s central wave pool
• Waves per hour: 900 waves per hour average
• Check here for more information on Wavegarden’s Cove technology