Urbnsurf Melbourne will resume operations next week
Urbnsurf announced today that they will reopen to the public on Friday, June 19th. The statement comes at the same time the Victorian Government is easing restrictions for sport and recreation.
The new regulations limit the number of users to 20 per separate area of outdoor swimming pool.
“On re-opening, up to 18 surfers will be permitted on each side of our 2-hectare surfing lagoon,” says Urbnsurf. “This means our one-hour surf sessions will run as normal, however, all surfers will be required to keep at least 1.5 meters apart at all times, including in the lineup.”
The sessions will feature Urbnsurf’s new Expert and Cruiser sessions. The surf park will also make changes to their business operations including:
• Only surfing guests will be permitted at the park. The Surf Academy will remain closed, and surf lessons will not be available for purchase. Spectator Passes and Play In The Bay sessions will also not be available for purchase.
• Our indoor showers and change rooms will remain closed, however, toilets can be used.
• Our Surf Rental store and Lagoon Supply Co. will re-open, however, the number of guests permitted within each indoor space at any one time will be limited by the four square meter rule.
• All hire surfboards and wetsuits will be cleaned and sanitized between uses.
The Melbourne wave pool is also encouraging guests to observe social distancing, wash their hands regularly, and follow general safety guidelines outlined by health organizations worldwide. Urbnsurf is requesting guests to:
• Complete your safety waiver online (via your booking confirmation email) and shower at home prior to visiting. • Use clean towels, wash your hands regularly, and avoid touching your face, mouth, eyes, and nose with your hands. • Observe social distancing of at least 1.5 meters apart at all times. • Stay at home if you are feeling unwell, or have tested positive to the virus.
The company said that as restrictions are eased further, more of Urbnsurf Melbourne’s areas and amenities will become available with updates on the Urbnsurf webpage here.
Urbnsurf took advantage of the downtime to complete their annual maintenance, which would normally have meant a shutdown in August.
“Our new Winter schedule is finalized, and we’ll be re-opening bookings for our members and guests in just two weeks’ time. Many thanks again to all of our loyal members, guests, and fans for their support during our temporary closure, and we can’t wait to welcome you back to surf more perfect waves with us soon.”